Healthy Easter Basket Ideas for Everyone
The typical kid’s Easter basket is basically a sample-platter of the candy aisle—delicious and colorful perhaps, but not exactly scoring points in the health/dental care/anti-sugar high departments. If you’re looking for goodies that won’t leave your kids bouncing around like the Easter bunny himself, check out these ideas for treats that are so great, your little bunnies won’t even miss the puffy marshmallow chicks.
Mix up the “Basket”
Your kids won’t automatically think candy when they see the Easter bunny has shirked the traditional basket for a fun (and practical) container instead:
- A pair of inexpensive children’s rain boots can be filled with crumpled paper then a few inches of faux grass—simply arrange your “goodies” on top!
- Child-size umbrellas ensure Easter fun even if it’s raining. Just open and place your chosen treats inside.
- Use a marker or puffy paint to write your kiddo’s names on their own cute flower pot—they’ll have fun starting their very own garden!
Healthy Easter basket ideas
So what do you put in a basket that isn't candy? Plenty!
- Pair scented markers, sparkly crayons, or cute pencils with a coloring book or drawing pad for old school fun.
- Sidewalk chalk, giant bubbles, or a jump rope let your little ones spring into action
- Pop a few seed packets, kid-sized gardening gloves, and a colorful trowel in your flower pot basket
- Small games like Go Fish, Barrell of Monkeys, or travel-sized games will make Easter afternoon fun for everyone
- Board books and pop-up books are great for little ones, while older kids will enjoy a kid’s joke book or the first book in a new series
- Rummage through the dollar section: Target’s dollar bins are a one-stop shop for great basket finds
- Individually wrapped granola bars, all-natural jelly beans, organic bunny-shaped graham crackers, and Justin’s organic chocolate peanut butter cups are guilt-free treats you can tuck in to satisfy your kid’s Easter sweet tooth
Don’t forget your love bunny!
Your little buns shouldn’t be the only ones who enjoy an Easter surprise! A basket for your partner doesn’t need to be complicated—a few of their favorite things are all they need for a sweet Easter:
- Pampering bath products—think bubble bath, sugar scrub, or soothing shave balm
- A book on their favorite topic, from an author they love, or a magazine subscription
- Luxurious chocolates (or a few Reese’s Peanut Butter eggs!)
- A spring-y wardrobe accessory like a new scarf, tie, or hat
- A Costa Vida gift card!
What are your ideas for healthy Easter basket treats? Tell us all about them—and have a hoppy Easter!