10 Ways to Get Your Green On This St. Patty's Day
Even though the St. Patrick’s Day celebrations we know are pretty much American through and through, they make for one very fun March 17th! Whether you’re home with the family or enjoying Guinness with friends, one thing’s for sure: you’ve got to get your green on!
Eat Your Greens
It’s the one day of the year you can let loose with the green dye and have fun transforming everything shamrock green. These recipes will get you going:
- Say top o’ the mornin’ (we couldn’t resist) with a stack of green pancakes complete with whipped cream and a sprinkling of Lucky Charms.
- Green mozzarella is a good thing when you’re creating an Irish flag pizza! Check out the pic for inspiration, then have fun creating your own with store bought crust and fresh toppings.
- Easy, gooey, and green, Grasshopper Ice Cream Pie puts mint Oreos to festive use.
Not keen on faux colors? Whip up a completely green meal the all-natural way with these delicious recipes:
- Start the day with a lucky shake—this green smoothie is as healthy as it is delicious!
- March picnic? St. Patrick would totally approve of Smashed Chickpea Green Goddess sandwiches—your favorite bread packed with good-for-you green stuff and lip-smacking herbed goat cheese.
- Keep the green grown-up with this easy Avocado Pasta (get some inspiration from Ireland’s flag and dress it up with orange tomatoes and white mozzarella).
Want the best of both worlds? Make your own green food coloring!
Don’t just have fun eating green on St. Patty’s—have fun wearing it too! These ideas make getting green fun, not tacky.
- Get a festive mani you can show off on your St. Patrick’s Day pub crawl! Hit up your nail bar and have them go wild, or get inspired with these pics and have fun creating your own look.
- Green accessories add just the right amount of festive: top off your outfit with a green scarf, a green necklace, green socks, or a fitting tie.
- St. Patrick’s Day-ready makeup will turn heads on March 17! Play with your makeup (get inspiration here) for your night out, or be playful with face paint!
- Pay tribute to St. Patrick’s Day by adding a little green to your hair. Hair chalk gives you color that won’t persist until 4th of July and is easy to use—just check out this tutorial!
How you will go green this St. Patrick’s Day?